Safe rapid test for the detection of SARS-CoV-2
In order to make the detection of SARS-CoV-2 even more reliable, BAG Diagnostics has developed a rapid test that indicates whether sufficient cell material for valid test results is contained in the samples from trachial secretion / sputum. Previous tests incorrectly indicate the lack of sufficient cell material as a negative result.
In the new test kit, the RNA of SARS-CoV-2 is converted into cDNA in a one-step PCR procedure. This cDNA is then amplified in the same real-time PCR protocol. The three fluorescent dyes used are compatible with all common real-time cyclers.
The kit will consist of the following components:
- Mastermix: transcription + amplification (1.tube)
- Reconstitution buffer (2.tube)
- Primer-Probe Mixture (3.tube):
- Colour 1: Virus gene 1 (FAM)
- Colour 2: Virus gene 2 (HEX)
- Colour 3: Cell control (CFR610) (housekeeping gene)
- Positive Control (SARS-CoV-2 Positive Control) (4.tube)
The first test kits have already been distributed. Further information:
We are part of